Another AC install question for the pros

Hello all.. Another question regarding our new house..When the AC guys installed the furnace/evap in the attic, we had noticed the condensate drain was poking out thru the soffit right over a deck over the kitchen window..Well not wanting water dripping all over a deck we asked, and they told us that was the "emergency drain" for if the primary one plugs it runs out here and code requires it to be in front of a window so the occupants can see it..Okay cool...Like that idea..So up in the attic we were one day and followed the primary drain, and instead of draining it outside of the house like every other house I have seen, they dropped it down into the bathroom wall and it appears it is going to be connected to the sink drain..Is this weird, dumb or a good idea? Just wanted to ask around..As I had never seen this done before..I do sorta like the idea, as it's so humid here it's always soggy out where the pipe comes out which is usually at the condenser....
Thanks a million! John in Bastrop TX
John wrote:

The only two I have had have both drained into the sanitary sewer.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
John wrote:

I had a central AC installed last summer. The main evap/air handler is installed in the attic. The condensate drain pipe is tapped into the vent for the bathrooms as it passes through the attic to the roof.. I don't know much about CAC, but I didn't think that water dripping into the vent would be a problem, since rainwater enters the open vent up on the roof. I don't know about any emergency drain being installed, or if it is, where it is going. Wherever the drain pipe enters plumbing, it should eventually run out to the sewer or septic tank.

was
code
the
it
dumb
Thanks guys, Just wanted to check..Most of the homes I have lived in have been much older and did not have attic mounted AC units so this was wierd to me.. Have a good one!! John

The drain being in the sink drain is fine, but I would never put one in a sewer vent and in fact, some codes won't allow it. When or if the trap in the drain dries out, it can suck gases into the home from the sewer.
Bobby
John wrote:

In all the apartments I've lived in, the condensate drain was connected to the bathroom sink before the trap. This prevented sewer gas from working it's way into the AC. --Mike