Another A/C question

Even though I haven't been around this group in a long time, I'm sure this is "another" A/C question. I was referred to a site that sells A/C products. They make great claims for something called R22. Among other things, they state that greater and easier compressibility means colder temps out of the house vents and less strain on the compressor. I'm thinking of using another of their products in my car A/C (and I do have recommendations from friends that have changed over), but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/knowledge of this material that isn't selling it.:) Oh, the site is http://autorefrigerants.com/22a.htm
Thanks, guys, (and gals). I've learned an incredible amount of stuff from this group!
Bob
I think that stuff is butane/propane. They have a replacement for R12 that is. A lot of people have said not to use it in cars, I have it in my old Suburban and it seems to work fine. Larry
I thought you were a HVAC guy? There's enough blends out there that replace R-12, there's no need to go with propane.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

explode in the confined space of the interior of a car.
Traffic wreck / collision?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
I think that stuff is butane/propane. They have a replacement for R12 that is. A lot of people have said not to use it in cars, I have it in my old Suburban and it seems to work fine. Larry

This is Turtle.
The R-22-A is for home hvac systems and R-12-A is for auto's.
This auto stuff is Freeze-12 and you can buy it at any appliance warehouse or store. Public can buy it for it is nothing but dehydrated propane or Butane. I think Auto zone still sells it and it's called freeze-12-A .
I have used in some cars but only ones with Real R-12 in them because thec134-A type systems really don't get any better with it in there for the 134-a in them for they have the bigger coil to make up for it. I really don't think it helped very much on the 134-A systems but on the older R-12 systems it did make a difference verses the 134-A replacement in it.
Now the prices for Freeze-12 is a little high on their website compared to auto zone.
TURTLE
I'm rather suspicious of this.
1) When I took my EPA cert in 1994, we were told that it's illegal to mix refrigerants. 2) Selling refrigerants without a license? 3) It says that one pound of their stuff equals 2.5 pounds of R-22. I very highly doubt that.
Doesn't make sense to me.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus