Annoying Leather Sofa question?

While this is not exactly home repair --- I can find no other new group that relates to my question. So, if any of you "guys" don't know - please ask your significant others?
We have a three cushion leather sofa in our family room that is in good shape and quite comfortable. However, lately the cushions constantly slide forward considerably when repositioning one self. To the point where the back edge of the cushions can be seen.
I've tried attaching velcro to the botton and actually trying to hot glue the cushions to the bottom with no luck. The bottom and back edge of the cushions are some sort of black fabric which is the same material as the bottom of the sofa where they sit.
Has anyone any ideas as to what can be done to keep these cushions in place? We're not talking about an occasional movement here, but all the time.
TIA
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:19:43 -0500, Bob_M

if the cushions have zippers, remove the padding and go to your local sewing supply supply store where they sell bolts of material. Most of the time they also sell foam cushions and/or stuffing/batting (K-mart etc also sells them). Cut to match and replace each cushion.
Restuffing the cushions and your problem should go away.

-------- That's absurd. You're joking, right?
You could try the rubber material they use for underlay to stop carpets from slipping on hardwood floors.
CathyLee They neigh I pay Nova Scotia, Canada Zone 5a

Bob_M wrote:

Are the cushions leather on all sides? If so I like Cathy's ideal Secure some sort of non-slip material under them cushions.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Did you use a big enuf piece of velcro? That is how ours came from the manufacturer and it works but it is a big piece.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:19:43 -0500, Bob_M

<snip>
Try placing a rubber mat under the cushion. I'm thinking about the cupboard/drawer perforated roll you can cut to shape and buy at most discount stores.

An old g/f of mine used the rubber cupboard liners and she never had the problem again. Very cheap, too.
The Dave wrote:

If she was that cheap why didn't you marry her?
Bob_M writes:

Mine have elastic straps or Velcro sewn in.
In spewed forth and said:

I'll go along with cathy, grt some thin carpet pad used under area rugs and that should resolve your problem.
: : I'll go along with cathy, grt some thin carpet pad used under area rugs : and that should resolve your problem. : :
the "carpet pad" can leave marks on your leather.