Animal in attic

She didn't say where she was located. It could have been an Orangutan.

Reply to
willshak

On 01 Jul 2013, Kristie wrote in alt.home.repair:

It's probably the vengeful spirit of the girl buried alive under your basement.

Reply to
Nil

The OP is located in the Dallas TX area.

So yes - it could have been George Monkey Bush.

Reply to
Home Guy

Before you use the trap, call your municipality's Animal Control office and see if they offer traps for free or perhaps a small rental fee. You may be able to return the trap and get your money back.

My town keeps a few Havahart's in stock (free) and if they are out, and you don't want to wait, they contract with a local farm market for something l ike $10/week for a medium (raccoon size) trap.

Once you catch the animal you call Animal Control and they pick it up, tran sport it and return the trap to you. You then bring the trap back to wherev er you got it from.

I used a $10 trap to catch a raccoon last summer. The next night I caught t he neighbor's cat. I didn't call animal control to pick up the cat.

BTW...peanut butter is good bait for a raccoon.

Be careful where you place the trap. The raccoon I caught was not happy. Du ring the few hours he was in the trap he managed to claw through the mulch and pulled/ripped up a bunch of landscaping fabric that was under the mulch . He pulled it from about 4 feet away in all directions. Really made a mess .

When I left the trap in my driveway, covered with a blanket, for Animal Con trol to pick up, the driveway was scratched under the trap and the blanket was pretty much shreaded.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'm remembering a story of a town on the east side of a river. They had a very high racoon population. So they called animal control company, who came out with a plan. They trapped as many racoons as they could get, and released them all on the west side of the river. Some months later, the town on the west side of the river had article in the news paper. They had a high level of racoons, and had hired a company. Whose plan was to trap the racoons and move them to the east side of the river.

Years ago, my Dad did trap and release with squirrels in the bird feeder. Made no difference, the dynamic population just shifted and came right back in. Dad's friend Vic (world war two vetran) shot the squirrel in his feeder, and put it out to the trash. Gave up after the 300th squirrel.

[...]

Stormin Mormon

In the famous words of someone ... recently ... on a.h.r, choot it ... choot the chit out of it!

Reply to
Danny D.

Like some have said, if you have squirrels in the area, that might be it. Do not seal any attic openings without making sure that they're out or the smell when they die might be unpleasant (and cruel). Throw a bunch of mothballs up there and let that drive them out first. They don't like mothballs.

Reply to
dgk

How did Jesus feel about killing all these critters?

Reply to
dgk

don't give you as much trouble after several minutes of auto exhaust. Cover with a tarp or blanket to concentrate.

How did Jesus feel about killing all these critters?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's GOD !!!!!

Reply to
repairs

It's GOD !!!!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Little boy walking down the road, friend see him and stop him to ask where are going, well he answer last night I pass my Mom and Dad bedroom and I hear my dad saying my God I am coming and Mom responded oh god I am coming to and last night at super was talking they need to pay for mortgage.

I am living I am not going to be stuck with mortgage.!!!

Reply to
grumpy