Angle grinder lost flat wrench tool. How to unlock?

I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick (1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Buy a cheap open end wrench and grind it down to fit.
lbbss wrote:

Tappet wrench. If that doesn't work, grind it down on your bench grinder. (I would say an angle grinder would work in a pinch, BUT...)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
lbbss wrote:

take the grinder and grind the wrench down to fit.
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:09:52 -0600, Steve Barker

And then tape the wrench to the power cord.

What brand grinder is it? Does the grinder have a spindle lock?
If so, you can do what I do.......activate the spindle lock & then grab the grinding or sanding disc to loosen or tighten. I seldom, if ever, use the wrench.
cheers Bob

Use your angle grinder to make a new wrench from a piece of 1/8" steel bar.
Or buy a cheap open-end wrench and grind it thinner.

Note: do this with the power OFF.
thank you all, will try grinding a cheap wrench.

Go to a bicycle store. Or grind a cheap wrench, or cut a slot in a piece of 1/8" stock.
A couple decades ago, I had a set of "bicycle wrenches" that might be some what similar.
Similar to this: http://www.tias.com/cgi-bin/google.fcgi/itemKey 22819770
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

AKA "cone wrenches" (so-called because used for turning bearing cones). Probably a little too light-duty, and they come in weird sizes.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it

Go to the Borg and buy a replacement. About $4. Ouch.
Steve