Anderson windows, difficult to replace glass?

I broke the glass in a ~30 year old Andersen casement window. Can I replace the glass myself, or do I need to replace the entire sash? There are some rubber tabs on the inside of the sash that I don't know what the function is -- I removed one of them and they don't seem to do anything. The glass is embedded in the sash such that it doesn't seem possible to take it out by removing the glazing as in other windows. It would be much cheaper for me to replace the glass only if that is possible. Thanks,

-- Jeff

Reply to
dynamorph

My parent's home is almost as old. They had a unit fog and had to order a replacement from Anderson. It too had a vinyl rim around the insulating glass unit that is glued to it. Unless someone has copied it, you have to go to Anderson. John

Reply to
JohnR66