Anderson Casement Window Won't Open

Page 2 of 2
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:25:46 -0700 (PDT), John Sauve

Why not skip the dealer and go to Anderson?
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 8:25:51 PM UTC-4, John Sauve wrote:

ttom releases fine. The window is about five years old. Anderson service th rough the dealer we bought it from in Toronto is non existent. If someone c ould advise me, I'd be much obliged.
Have you tried gently pushinging the window, while jiggling the latch? I'm assuming the latch opens, but the window is still caught on it? That happens on mine once in awhile and just jiggling the latch a bit, pushing on the window a bit works. You don't want to push it far, just enough to get it off the latch. There should be enough play in the mechanism to allow that.
On 7/25/2015 9:46 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Second floor can be a challenge. But some crank out windows, you have to push the edge of the window from outdoors, to get the latch to work. I used to do that a parents house, on the first floor. Go around with a cane with rubber tip while Mom worked the inside latch.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 8:25:51 PM UTC-4, John Sauve wrote:

ttom releases fine. The window is about five years old. Anderson service th rough the dealer we bought it from in Toronto is non existent. If someone c ould advise me, I'd be much obliged.
years ago a buddy of mine worked for every dennison, repairing pricing mach ines.
they got a new tech who went around spraying wd 40 in the pricing area, tha t printed the tags.
by the time they realized what he was doing they had to pull techs from all over the country, to dissemble wash out in special degreaser and put the u nits back together. each unit took around 5 hours, and this was on the comp anies dime. theyhad over 50 units to rebuild...
and it was all time sensitive, entire stores couldnt put out new merchandis e till the wd 40 was eradicated.
the tech demoed how well it lubricaded the units, but within 4 days they al l jammed tight.
this wasnt a good start for a new job, seems he was told do not use wd 40 b ut ignored the trainers advice.
he got fired not long after for more mistakes.......
so use it but you were warned..
light oil is cheap, safe and effective....... think zoom spout oiler.
since were on this lubrication subject, never mix greases!
like white with brown, what forms over time is rock, and thats not good for lubrication:(
bob haller posted for all of us...

Not good for my head either...
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*