Andersen vinyl windows

On the North side of my house I have Andersen bay windows that tend to get mildewy from the humidity and lack of direct sun. I have the house washed every year including windows but I've notice that the mold stains are visible from inside the house. In other words, the Andersen windows are white vinyl clad, and mold is underneath the outside vinyl where it overlaps the glass so it is visible from the inside of the house when you look thru the window. But there is no way of touching that vinyl since that surface is against the glass. Any suggestions on cleaning it?

I can't say that I am a fan of Andersen vinyl clad windows. On the north side of the house they get moldy. On the south the sun had yellowed the vinyl and made the vinyl almost brittle. The house is only 9 years old.

Reply to
Art

Don't try this until someone else gives their thoughts on it. What if you pressure washed the outside with a mild bleach solution? If the water already was able to get there, then the bleach solution may be able to get to the same places that the moisture that caused the mold got to and whiten it up. Does anybody see any problems with this solution?

Reply to
autonut843

Ever use a pressure washer?

Do you really want to get bleach everywhere?

Sorry, no opinion about the OPs problem.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Good point. Thanks, I knew there was something I wasn't thinking of. Wow, that was a really dumb idea. I've just got a small electric one and have never used the soap dispenser feature on it, preferring to just use the water pressure itself. Glad you caught that one quick. Well, gotta go. I think I'll surf on over to the darwin awards and see if anything looks do-able.... ;-)

Reply to
autonut843

Well, maybe pressure washing with bleach wasn't the best idea, but your come back is a winner.

Reply to
Dan Espen