Andersen Bay Window- REPAIR ?

The double pane Andersen window has leaked out gas through a crack at the corner on the outside surface.

Can this be repaired at my residence? Whom must I call ?

TNX.

Vince on Long Island, NY

Reply to
Vince

Nope. Have to order a new replacement part from Andersen. The "gas" didn't "leak out" - the vacuum that was previously between the two panes of glass has been broken somehow.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Who did Andersen Customer Service say to call about the problem? If you haven't already, maybe you should call them now.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Contact Andersen first. Get details. All dual pane windows are not equal. (**tool - Merlin Lazer)

A local glazing/glass SHOP can do any replacement for you.

** Glass Measurement Gauge A remarkably simple but effective precision measurement instrument it allows accurate measurement of glass and air-gap thickness in single, double and triple glazed units and is able to identify laminate interlayers all at the touch of a button.

Good Luck!

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren

How old is the installation? It may be under warranty. Check that out first. Next you can contact most any glass service and the pane that has failed and leaked can be replaced, usually for less and quicker than you may have guessed. You might be able to do it yourself, but it does take a little knowledge and larger panes can be very heavy.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Call Andersen first. They may give you a new one.

Reply to
Art