And who says gov't is cold and uncaring?

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A state senator has a plan for saving Oklahoma's gamefowl industry now that cockfighters are legally prohibited from pitting birds fitted with razor-like spurs.
State Sen. Frank Shurden, a longtime defender of cockfighting, is suggesting that roosters be given little boxing gloves so they can fight without bloodshed. The proposal is in a bill the Democrat has introduced for the legislative session that begins Feb. 7.
"Who's going to object to chickens fighting like humans do? Everybody wins," Sen. Frank Shurden said. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050127/D87SFE1G1.html
isn't it great that all the major problems of the world have been solved?
bill

I guess this is "Classic Matt".....I know it's off topic but was a good laugh.....Ross
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:38:27 -0500, "Ross Mac"

It's even better than this, the chickens are intended to be fitted with vests equipped with electronic sensors to record the score, like olympic fencers- I'd almost pay to see that picture! Glad to see that Iowa isn't the only state with legislators with way too much time on their hands!
Dan
Dan wrote: ....

The way I look at it, if they're busy w/ this, they're not really screwing up something else... :)