And who says gov't is cold and uncaring?

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A state senator has a plan for saving Oklahoma's gamefowl industry now that cockfighters are legally prohibited from pitting birds fitted with razor-like spurs.

State Sen. Frank Shurden, a longtime defender of cockfighting, is suggesting that roosters be given little boxing gloves so they can fight without bloodshed. The proposal is in a bill the Democrat has introduced for the legislative session that begins Feb. 7.

"Who's going to object to chickens fighting like humans do? Everybody wins," Sen. Frank Shurden said.

Matt

isn't it great that all the major problems of the world have been solved?

bill

Reply to
bill a

I guess this is "Classic Matt".....I know it's off topic but was a good laugh.....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

It's even better than this, the chickens are intended to be fitted with vests equipped with electronic sensors to record the score, like olympic fencers- I'd almost pay to see that picture! Glad to see that Iowa isn't the only state with legislators with way too much time on their hands!

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Dan wrote: ....

The way I look at it, if they're busy w/ this, they're not really screwing up something else... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth