And When the Ceiling Comes Tumbling Down

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@heavenly.org wrote:

My God, Tim Allen, I thought you were dead!

You could try to put some plaster buttons (stainless steele perforated washers for securing loose plaster)in with 1"5/8 drywall screws into the joists but I've found they don't work on ceilings as well as they do on walls but you could give it a try...If it were me I would just go right over the old plaster with 5/8 MR drywall with 3 inch drywall screws into the joists..No demo mess....Hire a pro..In and out in 2-3 days DONE ready for paint...Once a ceiling starts to go , patching will be an on going job till it's all down anyway...Put up a Hard Hat Area sign if you patch it...LOL...Good luck....