Ancient CFL

I had a yellow CFL in use as a porch light for centuries now. It finally died yesterday and I replaced it today. Strange looking thing - looks like a regular incandescent bulb but with the sides fallened instead of globular and you can see the coiled tube inside. No name on it. It's been running 24/7 for, I'll bet, about 10 or more years?. Only off when the power failed. First CFL I own that has died.
Any CFL museums? <g>
On 1/22/2016 12:52 PM, KenK wrote:

I've had many die. Worst place to put them is in the bathroom or anyplace where light may be turned on and off for just a few minutes. For me in bathroom they last not much longer than incandescents and I try not to use them there.
BTW when a CFL dies you have to report it to the EPA and use their disposal instructions.

They just go in the trash here
On 01/22/2016 12:16 PM, Frank wrote:
[snip]

In my bathroom, I have a string of yellow LED holiday lights. They're always on and that's usually enough light.
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 1/22/2016 1:16 PM, Frank wrote:

He may be able to get a notarized CF-01756 form from the CFL museum, transfer of CFL device to registered museum and all. Save the $275 disposal fee.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I think being on all the time makes them last longer. I have some on (relay) motion detectors that crap out about as fast as 130v incandescently.