Anchor to tile floor (concrete base)

How would you suggest I anchor to an internal tile floor which is over a concrete slab base? Tiles are 12" square, about 0.25" thick.

Reply to
atyson

They have drill bits for this purpose. Also when you do drill , try to drill on the grout lines if you can.

Reply to
Mikepier

Anchor what? Drilling through the tile is the least of it - choosing the right fastener is more important.

RicodJour

Thank you both. To the tile floor, I'll be trying to anchor the base of a decorative wood column, where the base pedestal is 13" square. The tile floor grout is laid at a 45 angle pattern, so finding an achor spot within the grout line won't be a problem. The column's base pedestal is not solid, but made out of 1" thick wood walls. Your right regarding the "right fastener" as I'd need it to a) anchor to the tile floor then b) fasten to the exerior side of the wood pedestal box (just

2 total). Then I'm thinking of hiding the "fastener" with base molding around the pedestal. Further thoughts & suggestions welcome.
Reply to
atyson

There is a great chance of cracking stone/ceramic/quarry type tile. If you do not need to drill and anchor, I would not. For a decorative column cover I would use construction adhesive.

DanG