anchor question

I need to mount a full length mirror on a wooden door which appears to be hollow. What type of anchors would you recommend?

Thanks.

Reply to
Redlocks

Since you don't really know, you need a fool proof system. Use the small screws that come with the mirror mounts and in ADDITION, add a generous number of double sided sticky mounting patches.

Reply to
valvejob

To attach an unframed beveled mirror to a door then use full width J channel secured by some small 1 inch (#6 hardware) mushrooming molly bolts for bottom, then secure the sides and top with clear plastic hold downs also secured with the mushrooming molly bolts. Use some stick on felt or cork pads (cabinet door bumpers) behind the glass at the hold down points to minimize flexing. Mirror weight will be on J channel, side and top hold downs will merely keep it from falling forward.

Reply to
RickH

Reply to
Roger Taylor

My door was hollow and my mirror was cheap, meaning lightweight, and it had a little wooden frame, I used 6 thin nails which had brown heads that matched the frame. They only had to be as long as the frame is thick plus the first layer of door. After that it's hollow.

(They also sell brass nails with round brass heads that would look nice.)

24 years and still going strong. I don't slam the door.

I think if I had it to do over, I would put one or two in the bottom of the frame also.

If it had been a heavier mirror, I might have used 8 nails, plus 1 or

2 in the bottom of the frame. Maybe even 10 if it was very heavy.
Reply to
mm