An opinion on gun control

But the other side dare not let down their guard against their mortal enemies. Allowing anyone to talk about adult stem cells carries a risk, however slight, of appearing to be willing to negotiate with the anti-choice terrorists.

So both sides continue to act like some of us are doing here.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Don't fret. Research is going on elsewhere. These things will be discovered.

Reply to
harry

I got a good idea. Why don't you go there and check it out. ( and you can bring guns with you )

Reply to
Doug

I bet the US astronauts were carrying guns. Afraid they might meet up with an alien.

Reply to
harry

Traditional British murder weapon.

I myself have a nullah nulla.
designed to kill.

Reply to
harry

That story is proof positive that the inmates are running the asylum in The U.K., victim fights back and is criminally prosecuted. I'll bet that Brits will some day be imprisoned for killing rats and mice. The violent killing of vermin will no longer be tolerated in civilized society. ^_^

So you admit to owning an assault weapon. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The supposition is it would be one nobody was supposed to know about, ours or theirs. The reality is they did bring the Hubble into the cargo bay and fix it. That may have been the most useful thing the Shuttle ever did.

Harry is right that the shuttle had a 40% failure rate and it sucked most of the money out of the NASA budget, stifling further rocket development and putting us where we are today. (riding with the Ruskies)

Reply to
gfretwell

Would the International Space Station have been possible without the Shuttle? I haven't heard much about it lately.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

As much as I like the idea of Hubble and all the pretty pictures, it could have been replaced with the money spent on repairing it. It really hasn't had a great ROI.

Has the ISS done anything useful in its life, other than give the Shuttle some place to go?

Reply to
krw

I can't imagine why not, particularly if we had spent our money on a good cheap heavy lift vehicle instead of nursing the shuttle along a decade too long. They should have started migrating away from that hog after Challenger.

Reply to
gfretwell

The Russians had a near identical device to the shuttle. The project was cut when they realised it was too costly.

harry

Failure is not talked about in America. I think there is an American up there right now. The US finds it cheaper to pay the Russians than do their own thing.

Reply to
harry

They have done a lot of experimentation only possible in zero G.

Reply to
harry

Don't worry.We are designing a new engine in the UK that will solve the problem.

Reply to
harry

One interesting bit from the Hubble. When the mirror was out of whack, the nerd put together an algorithm to correct for it that cleared things up quite a bit. Someone (I think it was at GE, but don't remember for sure), found out about it and adapted it to things like mammograms and CT scans, etc. and greatly cleared those up, also.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

That wasn't anything new. Image correction has been going on for a

*long* time. Indeed, that's how compound telescopes are designed in the first place.
Reply to
krw

NASA couldn't get Barbarella so a few married couples were sent up for coitus experiments. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

If only Jane had stuck to scripts she could do justice...

Reply to
krw

And you're claiming that just because "he's got a lot of gray stuff", the gray stuff was functionning properly ?? Mental ilness is about the "grey stuff" functions, INDEPENDANT of how much you may have And NO, if the grey stuff is NOT working properly, you may NOT know the difference between right and wrong.

It the act is "crazy" in comparison to general behavior, then guess what ? So where did you do your studies in "mental health" ???

Where did you get the silly notion that "the NRA wants the US Government to put together a list of mentally ill people" ? HELLO ? Are you crazy ?

Stop talking about yourself...

Go ahead Don't forget to put your name down first..

Reply to
Attila Iskander

# # Harder to kill people with those weapons.

And ? They're still dead at the end...

Reply to
Attila Iskander