An old-fashioned hardware store

I have an older home, so I spend a lot of time in small, old-time hardware stores. They are the kinds of places where the employees have seen it all and done it all. They weren't flipping burgers last week and trying to get a job in a pizza parlor next week.
I went back to my home town of Cape Girardeau last month and was happy to see that Suedekum hardware was still in business, although it had been rebranded as Meyer Supply, after the family that founded it a century ago (it's still the same family).
If you want to treat, take a look at these pictures:
http://www.capecentralhigh.com/cape-photos/meyer-suedekum-hardware /
They still use rolling ladders to get to the high shelves. Nails pounded in the floor spell out distances for measuring rope and chain.
Nice folks. Glad to see they are still around. Two of the five customers who came into the store while I was there started out by saying, "Lowes sent me....."

Interesting article - thanks. Nothing on that site seemed to indicate where in the world we were...Google suggests the state of Missouri.
Art

If you had scrolled down the page you would have seen a Lowes bashing thread already going..But if you are looking for an "atta boy" for not shopping at large stores , here ya go...Atta boy...Feel better now ???
Arthur Shapiro wrote:

"Coming of Age in Cape Girardeau"
This, at the top of the page, not to mention 10 other spots in the story and captions, should tell you enough. You must not be a Republican, otherwise you would surely know (from tedious repetition) that it's Rush Limbaugh's hometown.
--- ---