An ice storm check in call

Page 2 of 3
I've had good results with Castrol motor oil. My last truck had a really nasty piston rod knock, and that's the only brand that quieted the rod knock for longer than two days.
NYS winter storm warning, from 10 PM Saturday, and all through Sunday. 12 to 24 inches predicted. Fortunately, snow and wind. I'm not expecting any power outs. I hope........
Lucky me has a genny, and a couple gals of gas to hold me over. Just in case.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Jim Rusling" < snipped-for-privacy@rusling.org> wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:19:45 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Anything happen on the third day?

Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk Thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Oren" < snipped-for-privacy@home.yes.us> wrote in message

Central NY, just snow for this storm. Sunday, that might not be the case.
Dave
The Intellicast page says "snow" SA/ SU but not much more detail. Radio guys are saying 6 to 12 inches.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

< snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Dont forget to buy 3 lbs of cold cuts lie everyone else does when it snows. Otherwise you'd eat canned food for a day until the snow stops

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yea. I've never understood all the panic grocery shopping when a big storm is coming. Silly stuff like bread and milk. Geez, my pantry always has cans of evaporated milk, and plenty of flour if I want bread. I figure my normal pantry stock could easily sustain me (and my cat) for at least 60 days in an emergency. The only thing I ever do when a storm is coming is make sure my fuel reserves are full.

most people lack more than a day or two in emergency food supplies, depending entirely on the close by grocery store. which depends on daily or twice daily deleveries.
grocery stores DONT have a big stocroom in the back
Are you kidding? Most middle/upper class homes have multiple cans of soup, pasta, cold cereal, snacks etc. Don't forget frozen goods. Remember, in most areas roads become passable within 12-24 hours of a snowfall. People who cant eat soup/cereal etc in a pinch for a day or so are too spoiled and need to live in North Korea or Darfur for a while. True I cant ALWAYS eat what I want when snowed in but there is plenty to eat. I laugh at those who think they will be homebound for 6 weeks in NY/NJ metro area.due to snow.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Right. I don't think there is a storm that could shutdown that area for more than a few days, which meshes well with the standard recommendations of supplies for three days.
Living in western NY, the ice storms we've had, I've been able to travel within a day or two. Many stores open back up. I did spend ice storm 1991 bringing hot food to some folks who were without power They had the travel advisory, but I managed to get around in a rear drive Dodge van.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Pete C." < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message
Lot of people going to be eating their leather boots in the near future.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

I've never been able to understand the mentality of shopping for one day's food at a time. Gee whiz, we are so far descended from our European ancestors who farmed a year's food at a time.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Pete C." < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message
Thanks for your thoughts.
We came back on today. Still have lots of folks on generators, we pass them around as power comes back. Oklahoma City School District and many others have been closed Monday through Friday with snow coming.
Rumor has it that FEMA will not be buying or reimbursing personal use generators or chainsaws.
As my mentor, Red Skelton, used to say. . . . God bless.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

This gesture of FEMA was abused in South Florida. People collected money and turned right around and sold them - never used them as intended.

Central NJ. Lost power for 2 hours due to branch on power lines. About 1/8 inch of ice on everything.
Do you have enough cold cuts milk and eggs?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:31:31 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

LOL!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

LOL.
I haven't eaten raw eggs since 1963.
Actually, I was sort of looking forward to going to bed hungry.
The worst part for me is that the silence makes me notice the sound of crickets. (Tinnitus.)
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 02:58:56 GMT, Dan Espen

Why not? My last was in the late 70's.

When you have peanut butter and jelly? Add the glass of milk? What for?

Sound can be deafening!!