An electrical grease for a light bulb?

Page 2 of 2
Mys Terry wrote:

I'm not belligerent, I'm happy for you! ;)
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 06:28:58 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

Some products sold and labeled as "Vaseline" can and will produce carbon particles when heated. FACT
Some products sold and labled as "Vaseline" may be either acidic or caustic. FACT
George Cawthon may be belligerent, but he's also often incorrect. Ask him for independant cites that can be checked when he makes claims.
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:09:29 GMT, Mys Terry

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.comcast.net/~dyrgcmn /
Gary Dyrkacz wrote:

..
I believe that Mys Terry was very clean with the phrase "Some products sold and labled as 'Vaseline'.."
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

One time a thing occured to me What's real, and what's for sale? Blew a kiss and tried to take it home
It isn't you, isn't me Search for things that you can't see Going blind, out of reach Somewhere in the vaseline
Two times and it has rendered me Punch drunk and without bail Think I'd be safer all alone Flys in the vasoline we are Sometimes it blows my mind Keep getting stuck here all the time
You'll see the look and you'll see the lies You'll eat the lies, and you will.
It isn't you, isn't me Search for things that you can't see Going blind, out of reach Somewhere in the vasoline.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

What statement are you talking about? What source are you saying is not reliable?
In any case the statements I referred to have not been proven wrong any more than the idea that Vaseline is safe for the indicated use has been proven right. Both appear to be a matter of opinion and memory (which at least in my case is subject to imperfections.
I will stick with the proper product, it's cheap and I keep some in my garage.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Teh Suck wrote:

The flickering was probably being caused by the bulb threads galling on the socket threads and preventing the bulb from making that last little bit of turning needed to establish firm contact between the tip and the socket center contact. The Vaseline greased the way for it to tighten more.
But, for a light bulb lubricant......Do what I do guys...
Just use squalene, which is the oil which appears on the OUTSIDE of your nose.
Rub the base of the bulb on the side of your nose while rotating it a bit.
Squaline (nose oil) was being used as a lubricant by clockmakers long before the light bulb was invented.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I thought they used sperm oil (from the sperm whale). Gotta put this in the historical context of hunting whales and clock and watch making. People have had oil lamps long before metal clockworks were invented, so they all had a supply of oil some of which worked and some of which didn't.
You don't suppose the salt in whatever you wipe off your nose would corrode metal?
Some may laugh, but I have heard of that several times from reliable sources.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Don't laff at this one either, but If I'm suffering from dry chapped lips in the winter, using my finger to transfer some of that squalene from the outside of my nose to my lips makes them feel decidedly better.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Isn't that called picking your nose? :)

grease
Here is a link that someone posted to this group a while back. I haven't tried this stuff, but it seems to be what you are looking for: http://lampsplus.com/Products/Light-Bulbs/page_12/03877

Sounds like a good joke on the SWMBO;send her to the store for "light bulb grease".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I use a product called 'Bulb Grease" made by ITW/Devcon only place around here that carries it is Sears Hardware.
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don\'t know and I don\'t care...