An Annoying Infestation

I live in Oregon and lately, within the last few months, the bed rooms of my house have been plagued with black beetle-like insects and what looks like caterpillars that are both found on the beds but (thankfully) nowhere else in the house. Does anybody know what these pests are? Where they come from?-- they just seem to materialize on the beds. And a way to get rid of these nasty pests?
Ron

Have you thought of washing the sheets and blankets and trying bug spray
Check out any wall hangings above the bed. I was plagued by little beetles and bites in my bed and traced it down to a wreath made from naturual twigs hanging on the wall. We quiickly threw it out into the -10 degree winter air to kill them and threw it away. Never been bothered again. I have no idea why they were there. THe wreath had been hanging on the wall for three years previously without a problem

Probably made in China!
jmagerl wrote:

Check out these news stories. Might be related, or not:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 829937
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 830088

Do you have a digital camera? Could you toss a jpg up at some web site? (Quik.com gives all dial up users 10MB of web space. No code needed. Just FTP the jpg to the site.)
Ron wrote:

Could be a number of pests...if they are on the small size possibly black carpet beetles and their larvae. If the rooms have skylights under large trees it could be critters dropping from the trees getting in.
Lar