amps to hp

Page 2 of 2
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi, You are right except not adding power factor(efficiency) to the formula. Do you have ammeter? Read the current while motor is running/working. There you'll see it. Ryobi? My idea power tool is to buy the best and keep it life time. Some times buying old used one is even better than new crap.
120 volts x 115 amps = 1800 watts.
1800 watts / 748 = about 2.40. Works out OK if you figure 100% efficiency.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Uh, 120 volts x 115 amps = 13,800 watts. You must have meant 15 amps.
YYes, I ddon't know how I ddid that. SSorry.
--
CChristopher A. YYoung
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

115 amps?
Tony wrote:

Is it really that hard of a leap of logic for you to come to the conclusion that the OP meant "15", and that the "115" value is a simple typographical error?
Jon