AMEX Assurance Company--Wow!

The Costco Amex card offers an additional year of warranty (on items warrantied for one year).
I called them this morning because a P&S camera we have failed on vacation in England. The zoom stopped working and it would pop up a message about charging the battery and trying again, but that didn't help, nor did using the second battery.
I was expecting a hassle of forms, estimates, etc. I guess they decided that for a relatively low value item there was no point in doing that. A few hours after the call they credited my account for the price I paid in November 2013. May have helped that they knew I had the receipt and the original packaging.
I know other credit cards offer something similar but I wonder if it's as hassle free as Amex made it.
sms wrote:

Is this not off topic and not alowwed by the charter?
Oren wrote:

libs........do as I say, not as I do
Oren posted for all of us...

Sage advice. What the heck, I'm not there and couldn't do anything anyway.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*