American Standard Tub /Shower Faucet -- leaking

I've a >10yr old American Standard single lever faucet for the tub/shower.
It's leaking, so I disassembled what I could to see what is there.
I'm down to a gray cartridge with the marking 1586 stamped on the side. In the back it has a big 'mouth' hole (3/4") and two smaller 'eye' holes (1/2"). Each has a rubber ring (with three ridges). One is 'stuck' under part of the cartridge assembly...looks like it was misaligned when the unit was sealed
Two more holes for the escutcheon screws. (what the heck does escutcheon mean?) The lever in front is metal and is mounted in a white plastic assembly that controls the mixing. The handle has the # 106-30-C-04 stamped inside it.
I presume cartridges are glued together and shouldn't be disassembled. I didn't find anything while poking around http://www.americanstandard-us.com /. All the current models seems to have an anti-scalding piece. I must give A.S. a hats off for all the great parts images, even though none help me.
Anyone know if there is a part that can replace this ? Either A.S. or knock-off will do for me.
Richard wrote:

es-cutch-eon (i skuch'uhn) n. 1. a shield or shieldlike surface on which a coat of arms is depicted. 2. an ornamental or protective plate around a keyhole, door handle, drawer pull, light switch, etc. 3. a panel on the stern of a vessel bearing its name.
That's probably one of their ceramic disc cartridges. I doubt if you'll find one anywhere except an AmStd carrying plumbing supply. Maybe an on-line dealer. Do a GOOGLE. I don't know how helpful AmStd would be if you called them...
Jim
FWIW,
A.S. referred me to Plumbers Depot 800.448.8977 They said I had an Aquarian cartridge, 4gal/min. Note: there are two sizes 4 gal/min, 1-13/16 outside diameter 8 gal/min, 2-1/16 outside diameter