American Standard kitchen faucet - white finish flaking off

Looks like bad bonding; crackling of finish where dishcloth hung over spout. Anyone else had this problem? Of course, no original docs to even try for warranty.. /mark

Reply to
Mark

Yeah...same with mine, except it came with the house I bought a year ago, so I have no idea how old the piece of crap was. Mine also leaked internally and almost ruined the cabinet underneat. Do yourself a favor and get a Moen.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

There is a small reward for keeping the receipts and manuals for everything you ever buy :o) A PIA almost not worth it, though. We have a Price Pfister that started corroding where the aerator screws onto the faucet, to the extent that the last threads on the neck came off. Got on the net, gave them the scoop, got new neck and associated o ring. Believe they charged for mailing, but don't recall.

I finally organized all my instruction manuals in a notebook with transparent page protectors. Slip last page into the page protector and it can be referenced without removing it from the book. Put the warranty and receipts together in pocket inserts, so all stuff is in same place, easy to find, and organized by type - large appliance, small appliance, plumbing, phones, tv and stereo, etc. Got all the repair tickets in same place. Very handy for resetting the time on the dang cordless phone every time the power is off until we decided it deserved to use the UPS.

Reply to
Norminn

Reply to
nospambob