American standard jakes

Anyone know where American Standard makes their toilets? I was peeking at the Toto, and although they look wonderful at 400 bucks they're way outside my range. So I'm looking at the stuff I can get locally and am wondering which manufacturer, besides Toto, makes their products in the US or Canada.
I remember getting into this problem when looking at faucets and finding that only one manufacturer made their stuff in the US, Kohler I think it was.

Have you checked http://www.homeclick.com? They have Toto's starting at $175.
Eigenvector wrote:

I recommend supporting Kohler whenever you have the opportunity. They are one of the few remaining US manufacturing companies and provide excellent support as noted in my Kohler engines support (same company) post a week or two ago. Not many companies provide support for a 32 year old product, much less service manual PDFs with overnight response at no charge.
Pete C.

I'll take a closer look then. I found one that looks promising, now it's just a matter of plopping down on it and seeing if it fits.
BTW: I keep seeing Comfort Height and presume that it means the bowl is higher than normal - but would it be enough of a difference that little kids would be uncomfortable using it?
Eigenvector wrote:

I don't think so, since little kids have to climb a bit anyway. The comfort height ones are largely for the more elderly folks where sitting down and getting up is more of an issue and a higher seat means less bend.
Pete C.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:09:12 -0700, "Eigenvector"

Naw, they won't be able to get on it so they won't be able to use it at all.
Just kidding. I don't know how high they are, but I guess kids who are barely tall enough for regular won't be able to get on.

Kohler Wellworth comfort height is 2" higher than a "regular"

They used to be made in Ohio. Hopefully, they still are.