American standard faucet

I have a American standard Hampton Widespread faucet that I have had for about 6 months. In the last 6 months the hot water has started running by itself for no reason. I have taken it apart and the seal at the end of the cartridge has had a ripped seal. I have dissasembled it and keep putting new cartridges in but the problem keeps reoccuring. We seldom use this faucet. Any ideas?
There probably isn't an easy way to put a pressure gauge on the line, but it sounds like you need an expansion tank.
Bill