American Standard 5 ton unit and Hardstart Device on generator

I have a hunch that Turtle is in Orleans working his butt off and raking in the jack.
Far to busy to spend any time with us.
I do miss his style.
Colbyt
OK, I appreciate all the responses. So what I am seeing on my unit is a running capacitor, right? Does anyone have experience with a Kickstart brand hard start kit, specifically?
Will this ease the load on my generator in any way? Again, this generator will start the 5 ton AC, but it seems to struggle, as stated in the initial post. ANY help in starting the AC will be worth it. I would consider the generator I have as being barely able to start the AC. It just needs a little help.
I wish I would have bought a larger generator to power this, but at this point I have what I have and just would like to make the starting easier. Suggestions?
Here is a link to the specific product I am looking at. Is this all marketing BS?
http://www.kickstartoem.com/faqs/contractors.html
Thanks again for all the responses!
Brad

Brad, I personally do not like these units except for emergencies.
If it were my A/C, I would contact an hvac company that sold your brand and have them order the correct Start Capacitor with a bleed resistor on it and Start relay. Start capacitors are just that, they increase the capacity to start the compressor with much less stress. The electronic ones do work, but I feel that the OEM type relays and start capacitors are much better.
Not knowing about your system or your generator, I would look into the potential of your generator not producing the correct hertx or cycles per minute. If your generator boggs down I think (Jake and others should jump in here) your RPM may change/slow down and the hertz may also change.
60 Hertz is critical. I believe if your generator droops to 57 hertz or lower you can really cause problems. I suppose the newer generators will have electronic checks on them, but once again, others here should jump in who may know more about generators, I don't even own one myself.
Rich

Is no use talking to selfish ignorant morons I am talking to those that have brain of elephant and mine of a slug you know who you are, but if you think that you will stop me from posting you are not born yet sweet dreams from Dido

Here's a clue :
Nobody gives a flying fuck but perhaps you...
...AND...
*IF* you go off a posting with some fucking bullshit moronic crap then whatever results you get back in return is yours alone to deal with....
Curious, has anyone mentioned "Jew haters" lately ???
--
SVL

On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:07:50 -0700, "Harry Cox"

Glad to see you still are obsessed with everyone....