Amcraft Replacment Windows

Anyone ever hear of Amcraft products?

I am replacing my windows with Amcraft replacement windows. They seem a touch expensive, compared to others.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks!!

Reply to
Amuzed2death

Why not ck Consumer Reports they rated most windows made.

Reply to
m Ransley

I'm too cheap to become a paying member :-)

Looking for some "free" advice.

Reply to
Amuzed2death

Thre are other reviews so Google.

There are to many variables to consider in windows to not get the whole dope. A big expense you are stuck with.

Solar heat gain , visible light transmittance , condensation factor , total U value , glass r value, type of gas used, type of spacer, frame, coating. Etc Etc Etc . Just as your location is important to what you need. Hurd makes Zone relative glass. You have alot to learn and what you use will affect your comfort and utilities for 20 + years.. Anderson has good glass , better than pella. Check out alot of sites. What is good for you may be wrong for me.

Reply to
m Ransley

I Googled like crazy and I can't find any type of reveiw, or consumer opinion. I found several contractors selling them, but no reveiws or opinions.

I understand that, that's why I'm trying!

I've seen so many windows, options and "terms" that my head is spinning. I did some research on those variables. I'm more concerned now, with durability and performance and trying to solicit opinions.

You mention Anderson and Pella and the glass. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for.

I appreciate your opinions. Thanks for reponding.

Reply to
Amuzed2death

Doug I sent you info did you get it

Reply to
m Ransley

I had a custom tri pane made in Chgo 5x8 It was so crappy, dirt , bubbles, haze they offered a refund. Glass is not all equal as window salesman say

Reply to
m Ransley