Amazon selling HF stuff at inflated prices

They're selling the $60 HF multifunction tool on Amazon for $100 bucks!
(Amazon.com product link shortened)87930327&sr=8-35&condition=new
http://www.harborfreight.com/variable-speed-multifunction-power-tool-67537.html
On 10/24/2010 9:32 AM, Red Green wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)87930327&sr=8-35&condition=new
Looks like they swiped the pictures from HF too. Let's see, buy them on sale at HF then sell them on Amazon. I see profit, ain't that evil capitalism a lot of fun? 8-)
TDD

There a a bunch of vendors on ebay that have been doing this for years.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

....and there's undoubtedly thousands of people who will buy it from Amazon at that price. What's yer point?
nb

Your premise is wrong. I don't need one.
On 10/24/2010 10:35 AM, notbob wrote:

He's on a crusade against evil Republican capitalists. BeeHO should step in, take all their money from them and spread the wealth around. 8-)
TDD

I think we should get em on the run! Do a preemptive strike on Alaska, then our mission will be accomplished!
On 10/24/2010 12:48 PM, Neocon Fat Slob wrote:

I thought a bunch of angelic Democrat operatives already had by bombarding the evil witch Palin with legal complaints which had the effect of bankrupting the then governor who turned out not to have unlimited wealth needed to fight them off. It was revenge for murdering, skinning and eating that moose. Bullwinkle was behind the campaign against her. 8-)
TDD
Red Green wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)87930327&sr=8-35&condition=new
No, it's a private company that is an Amazon affiliate. Amazon is just the advertising vehicle (and gets a cut on the sale).
But you've give me a swell idea...

Beaver?
Red Green wrote:

Well, yeah. When a friend commented on my womanizing, saying "You're gonna wear it out!" I corrected him by saying: "Nah, it's like beaver teeth - you gotta keep it worn down or it'll kill ya."
Buyer beware.
That has been going on on the local "Craig's List in the DFW area for several years! One individual (or store employee) was/is constantly reselling HF tools at a 15-20% mark-up. They don't stay long, so some uninformed must be buying them :>((. If you Flag them, the item will just show up several days later. Postings even have a ph.# !
Sparky

On 10/24/10 10:32 am, Red Green wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)87930327&sr=8-35&condition=new
It's possible that HF and this vendor are buying identical items from the same Chinese manufacturer and that the pictures come from the manufacturer. HF buys in far larger quantities and can buy and sell for a lower price.
BTW, until little more than a couple of centuries ago "trade" (i.e., buying at one price and selling at a higher price) was considered immoral. (It's not illegal, of course, but "legal" is not the same as "moral.") Making, building, repairing, producing were OK, but not trading.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

That's odd.
I thought "Buy low, sell high" was the mantra since time immemorial.

Anyone who has paid more than $35 for the HF tool should learn to clip coupons. I think I got mine for 29.95.

For the variable speed electric one?

Single speed.
Offering, I can believe. But are they selling?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus