Amarr garage doors?

Anyone have one of these? If so, how's the quality?
--
Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply

On Mon, 23 May 2005 05:20:29 GMT, Purple Moose

I am very satisfied with mine. I believe it was the best value for the money. It is insulated; metal/foam/vinyl. They also come metal/foam/metal. I'm buying 2 more for my shop.
Start with the basics. Metal thickness (gauge). Galvanized? Quality of paint. As someone else said, if you won't be satisfied with less features, don't be cheap now.

We also looked at the Wayne Dalton. It seemed to me that even though the WD had foamed-in insulation, the outside skin was thin and they don't quote a guage. We're buying metal-foam-metal in either case. The WD quote is $2100 and the Amarr is $2600 (double door & single door). Same Liftmaster opener.
--

Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply

My 12 foot was $495 three years ago with a Genie opener. I don't know if the rising cost of metal has caused the price to go up that much. It has just about doubled the cost of material for my shop since I first checked 2 years ago.

I'm sure that didn't include teardown of the old doors, disposal and installation of the new one. I'm also in So Cal. Everything is more expensive here.
--
Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply

I'm sorry. That $495 did not include the opener. It was another $200. You're right. It was a self install.