Amana refrige freezer cold top warm

I have the Amana B220Z bottom freezer refigertator. It's about three years old. The freezer works fine but the top box is warm. Seen this problem in the group before but didn't see a solution. Any clues? Amana's repairman can't come for five days unless you got another thirty bucks.

Reply to
catfish bob

Air flow problems.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi,

Model# won't work for me and appears to be too short as well.

Missed a few postings then ;)

*Some* possible trouble makers:

- frost free failure ( coils plug up with frost )

- evaporator fan motor not running ( bad fan, open defrost thermostat )

- bad air damper control

- broken fan blade

- light staying on inside the FF section

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Full model number is ARB220ZCC. There is ice on the coils in the freezer and on the bottom vents in the freezer.

Reply to
catfish bob

To thaw the ice, you can use a hair dryer if you move it around and don't get the plastic too hot.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

You need to unplug and melt the ice. I've used a fan to speed up the process. Then find out why it iced up. In my case it was the door not mounted right. Also check the door seals.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Jeff, did I nail it? air flow..... as a symptom of the other problem, of course.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon