Amana range timer going off on its own

My fiancee and I just purchased a house. We are not yet living in it, but are going over periodically to work on some renovations we're doing before we move in. About half the time that we go over, the range timer is going off. It's really loud (the first time it happened, I thought it was a smoke detector). It seems to have no rhyme or reason to it. Power to the stove seems to be stable, as the clock hasn't been resetting. It's not a big deal now, but we don't want it going off in the middle of the night when we're living there.

It's an Amana gas range, model ARG7300, with an electronic clock/timer unit. The options I've considered are either disabling the timer some how (maybe desoldering the speaker?) or replacing the clock unit if I can find one at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
csnydermvpsoft