Amana oven quit working

Hope someone has an idea before I spend too much ca$h somewhere.

My oven quit working yesterday, Amana model ART6110W. The dial (thermostat) for the oven control won't light up until it hits 450 degrees. I checked the heating element with an Ohmmeter, and it has continuity at least - I have no idea what the resistance is supposed to be. There's no hole or burned spots in the coil.

I'm leaning towards a bad thermostat, but that part is $100. I hate to spend $100 and have that not be the problem. Anyone else had any experience with this or any thoughts?

Thanks

GMach3