Amana fridge - water leak

Hi there...

I've got an older Amana Fridge (I think it's model SDI22FL, the tag's a little hard to read) and the clear plastic tubing that supplies the water dispenser has cracked, causing a water leak. Unfortunately, there isn't enough tubing left where it disappears up into the unit (At the front, looks like it goes up into the divider between the freezer and the refridgerator section) and before I start tearing things apart to get to the line, I was just wondering if there's any way to get to the line to replace it. I've got plenty of Parflex 1/4" line and fittings to make a run at the job, I just don't want to end up breaking my way into the internals and not be able to put things back again.

Thanks,

Karl

Reply to
farblue

"farblue" wrote in news:1121723989.492727.64500 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Can you thread a piece of wire up through the tube?? When it reaches the far end, push it through. Attach the new tube to the wire and pull the old tube out along with the wire, the new tube will follow.

Reply to
Gordon Reeder

Yes, I can thread the wire through, although only to where it makes its first bend next to the ice/water dispenser. Also, I can't get the old tube to budge, I am guessing that it's being held in place by insulation, the front piece (from what I could see by prying at the ends) looks like it's held in place by something that's a combination of rubber cement and expanding foam insulation. I'm thinking of re-routing the tubing and just drilling a hole through from the fridge side to the side of the dispenser if I can't get that front strip of metal off...

Reply to
farblue