Am I imagining this or has anyone else noticed it also.

It seems to me that during the past ten years or so patching plaster is setting a lot faster and roofing cement is drying and cracking a lot sooner. I’m talking about the common plaster and roofing cement places like Home Depot sells. Did they change the formulation like adding more lime and less oil? I mean is it just me or has anyone else noticed these also?
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:35:31 -0700, Molly Brown wrote:

Crumbles into the ground faster. A more environmentally friendly world.
Add pictures here
✖
Molly Brown posted for all of us...

My observation is that anything "new & improved" isn't. Also anything that I like the manufacturers will immediately stop production of.
-- Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/22/2010 16:32, Tekkie® wrote:

Typically such product reformulations occur for one of these reasons:
- To cut production cost. Rarely are such savings passed on to the consumer.
- To comply with a government mandate that may be based on junk science. This drive prices up on almost everything.
Add pictures here
✖
Molly Brown posted for all of us...

My observation is that anything "new & improved" isn't. Also anything that I like the manufacturers will immediately stop production of.
<snip> == I recently saw a frozen pizza in the grocery store boasting: "New and Improved" and "Original Recipe" on the same package.
Add pictures here
✖

"new and improved" is usually a clue to check the package. Downsizing anyone?
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

I'm noticing the years are getting shorter as I get older.
✖

I don't mind the shortening years but why is the floor getting farther away every year. If it weren't for my 'extended reach' shoe horn I couldn't put my shoes on anymore.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/24/2010 11:01 PM, Harry K wrote:

What's left of my hair hurts when I work too hard.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Molly, you are correct about a change of formulation in many products. It began with the wording "non asbestos" and now suffers from the wording "VOC compliant". We are all arguably safer, but materials don't stick as well or last as long as back in the day.
Oil base paint and solvent based laminate contact cement come strongest to mind for me. They are still available to professionals, but I won't be surprised when you will need a license to purchase them like Freon.
--
DanG

I think steak is tougher, my drill is heavier and pants are made smaller.
Add pictures here
✖