Alzheimers Alcoholics

Do Alcoholic AA members with Alzheimers forget they are in AA and sometimes drink? Are they banned from AA for doing so?
On 4/7/2012 11:05 PM, _Ex-AA_Forever# snipped-for-privacy@thebar.com wrote:

Yup. In the latter stages just about anything goes.

I doubt it would be much of an issue. When they are in the final stages they are usually supervised by a family member or they are in a nursing facility.
It's been my observation that many Alz patients resort to their former lives.
ie: Maids might start clean. Rich people might think the "home" is a cruise ship. Mothers might want to cook.
It's a disease of the brain and it effects different people differently. So this is not a hard and fast rule.
On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 07:40:54 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Change "meeting" to "class" and it sounds a lot like college.