Alzheimers Alcoholics

Do Alcoholic AA members with Alzheimers forget they are in AA and sometimes drink? Are they banned from AA for doing so?

Reply to
_Ex-AA_Forever#742829.53

Yup. In the latter stages just about anything goes.

I doubt it would be much of an issue. When they are in the final stages they are usually supervised by a family member or they are in a nursing facility.

It's been my observation that many Alz patients resort to their former lives.

ie: Maids might start clean. Rich people might think the "home" is a cruise ship. Mothers might want to cook.

It's a disease of the brain and it effects different people differently. So this is not a hard and fast rule.

Reply to
gonjah

Change "meeting" to "class" and it sounds a lot like college.

Reply to
krw