aluminum wheels stay clean

this is a little off topic, but thought someof you would like to know. i have 95 camaro ss with 5.8 h-p engine. with aluminum wheel rims. they have allways got black from brake dust in just a week after cleanig them. i put ceramic brake pads on last fall and am happy to report there is still no black brake dust on the wheels. the car stops just as well as the semi metalic pads i used to use. so ,im sold on the ceramic pads.lucas

Reply to
ds549

You are correct. I have done the same with a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Ceramic pads cut down on the dust tremendously.

--james--

Reply to
James

A what?

You mean the 5.7L right?

And no..its not a true 350 in that...

Reply to
webmaster

yep., its a true h-p 350 engine.

Reply to
ds549

Yeah, I went to ceramic last fall. Much less dust and much quieter.

Reply to
Hopkins

I worked for GM for years, and the 4th gen F Bodies have no such animal....

WTF is a HP engine? If you mean it has horse power, it does. However, you are listing it wrong.

The Lt-1 is a 346 CID engine. The SS models had the same engine as the rest of the F-Bodes, rated lower than 335HP, UNLESS you had the SLP induction system, and most dynoed out around 321HP.

350Ft Lbs Torque was the norm, unless it was an early model..that rating didnt hit till the last year of the line.

If you would like to continue this discussion, it would be best left over in alt.autos.camaro.firebird, so if you want to add that to your list and join in over there, it would be great..

Dont advertise the ceramics over there tho....the longtime regs like myself have already tried them, and some use them, some dont. I dont use them myself, and have no intentions to go back to a set. Im using aftermarket calipers, rotors, and frames anyway.

Reply to
webmaster

no, its a 350 engine. im not advertising the ceramc pads, just sharing how clean they keep my wheels. saves me alot of work, maybe someone else will benifit to...best regards,lucas

Reply to
ds549

No problem..I was just pointing out that its impossible to have something that wasnt made..unless you or someone else changed it.. Thats all... Im a F-body fan..own a few...and was just trying to help a fellow owner understand that its impossible to own a 350 if it wasnt a 350 start with...thats all man..

Reply to
webmaster