Aluminum vs Vinyl Siding

I am re-siding my house this year & would like some expert opinions on whether to use aluminum or vinyl siding.
I have heard that steel siding is better but I do not plan on living in the house for more than 6 or seven more years.
Our house is 22 years old & has the original wood composite siding on it. All of the contractors who have looked at it say they would need to remove the old siding and install the new siding over an insulation type of board.
What are the benefits of both & cost differences.
I live in Wisconsin.
Thanks in advance for your replies!
Do houses still get sided in aluminum?? I thought it went away years ago due to cost and safety (i.e. - fire trap) problems... Vinyl is the only non-wood siding I ever see on residential construction these days.
Which isn't to say I can't be wrong... ;-)
Kevin O'

the
board.
Hi James,
I'm under the impression that due to it's strength as an insulator, aluminum has a tendency to create an "oven" effect when a fire brakes out within walls covered in the material. Vinyl/wood on the other hand have lower melting/burning points and allowed heat/fumes to escape to the atmosphere...
Did I get that wrong?
Kevin O'

due
Our house is brick plus wooden siding. We had the siding covered with insulation and aluminium siding. There's no reason to remove the original siding, just think of it as aditional insulation.

Try here for some information
www.growinglifestyle.com/article/s0/a173692.html
In short, it says aluminum, vinyl and steel are all currently available, but most of the market is vinyl.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math