aluminum tape

I think it's the adhesive that isn't rated for high temps.

Reply to
CJT

It amazes me that people seek folkloric explanations instead of the obvious. It also amazes me that there are people willing to explain things they don't know. Luckily we have writers willing to obfuscate instead of clarify and use words like elision. {

Reply to
RicodJour

Traditional "Duct" tape is not approved for ducts in my understanding..

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

"Craven Morehead" wrote in news:R7NYg.45981 $ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net:

That one was like shooting fish in a barrel, ehhhh? :-) He didn't axe you to checks his spelling though.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I was referring to those kind of exhaust. When I wrote furnace duct I was referring to the warm air delivery ducts that bring the heated air to the rooms. The Dryer duct is a little different as it does include the exhaust, but it is mixed with a lot of excess room air so it is far cooler than a typical furnace exhaust.

You do need the even more expensive tape for a furnace or water heater exhaust.

It is not the aluminum that is a problem, but the adhesive that will be damaged and fail.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Bingo! Ironically, sacks for picking cotton were made from cotton ducking.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Damn, well I guess I'll go do some more research then.

Reply to
Eigenvector

It seems to me that high temperature vents from gas appliances should be secure and air tight enough to not need any taping. There are codes for these things and I don't think taping is a permissible method of securing or stopping leaks.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young