Aluminum soffit J-Channels

I am planning on installing aluminun soffits on my garage.
The supplier I bought the materials from gave me J-Channels but they do not have any nailing slots.
What is the proper way to install J-Channels without nailing slots?
Also the soffits are going to cover open eaves. I know a F-channel would be easiest to use but they are not available. Can I use a technique I've noticed where nailing slots are cut and folded back to create a quasi 'f-channel'?
Thanks
Hi, How about using staple gun? Tony
JT wrote:

that would make it a "U-channel"

pre-drill 1/8" holes in the channel that faces the wall and install aluminum nails with a nail set.

if you have a "brake" (metal bender) you could make your own "F-channel"