Aluminum Cleaning Help

Hi All:
I spotted a thread a while back here regarding the cleaning of brushed aluminum.
I've been trying for some time now to come up with the magic combination of words to get Google to lead me back to the discussion. I'm not getting it together.
Does anybody recall the thread's title or any other clues that may help me dig it up? Alternatively, does anybody know of a safe way to clean years of nicotine, ect from a brushed aluminum stereo face without removing the silkscreened writing?
Any help appreciated.
try denatured or rubbing alcohol ive never had a problem with it removing lettering