Aluminum clad MC cable in a chase with copper pipe

I need to run a new 20A circuit from the basement up into the attic and down to a second floor bathroom. There is a very convenient chase containing the copper hot and cold water pipes from the basement up to the attic and down to this bathroom. If I run aluminum clad MC cable (12/2) in the vicinity of the pipes (it will be somewhat loose hanging in the chase) should I be worried about incidental Al/Cu contact and pitting/corrosion of the pipes (or is it pitting/corrosion of the Al jacket?)
Thanks.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:34:19 -0500, "Paul"

This is not a professional answer, just one from another home owner. I think when you run dissimular metals in contact you get galvanic corrosion. So, I would avoid running them in proximty of each other.
Do you have a nonmetalic solution, like using NM-B or sheathed MC?
later,
tom @ www.ChopURL.com