Alternative to Benjamin Moore exterior?

All the hardware stores in my area charge $30 or higher per gallon of Benjamin Moore Soft Glow semi-gloss exterior paint.
I'm wondering if there's a less expensive brand that would hold up as well as Benjamin Moore. In my area there's a Home Depot and a Sears. Would anything available at, say, HD or Sears be equal to Benjamin Moore, or is Benjamin Moore really worth $30 per gallon?
Thanks.
Jeff

Top of the line Behrfrom Home Depot is excellent, as is many others including top of the line Sherwin Williams. BM is overated and overpriced in my opinion, not that it's bad. It's just not better, and is more expensive.

    How much is your time worth?
    Paint is the cheapest part of a painting job. Time and labor are expensive. It makes sense to use the best paint there is so it is longer before one must expend the time and labor again.
    No. There is no alternative except painting more often.
I have to say in my experience, Benjamin Moore is worth the money. My friend, a professional decorative and mural painter uses only Benjamin Moore products.

snipped-for-privacy@htva.net says...

Painted my house with Benjamin Moore acrylic latex in 1993. Aside from a few places where touchups were required, it didn't need a repaint until this year. That is in spite of the fact that the overhangs on the house are too small, and it's exposed to a lot of weather.
Rick

Benjamin Moore is worth every dollar! there are NO substitutes (in my opinion).
I agree - best paint I've ever used.

well
is