Alternative Power for home?

I would like to implement some alternative power sources for extra electrical power for the house and heating for my inground pool. Could someone recommend anything like this for the home (as opposed for businesses).

I am in Canada, if that makes any difference.

Thanks, MP

Reply to
MP

Hi, Solar panels, windmill generator, geothermal energy, water turbine of you have creek running on your property, etc., etc. Initially will cost, but in the long run, you win. If build another house, I'd install geo thermal set up(extra 25K or so). Tony Calgary, AB

Reply to
Tony Hwang

When it comes to water there is a rule of thumb. "You can heat a lot of water a little, or a little amount of water a lot." PV is probably not a good source for heating water. Wind can be an excellent source if you spend enough money ~$25K, unless you find a good used one. Some of the wind sources I have seen are ~1000w, most are ~400w. What ever you do there will be a long payback if at all. Most do it because it is important to them.

Google for alternative power sources and do some reading. Then try asking specific questions.

Reply to
SQLit

Also checkout the alt.energy.homepower newsgroup. Everything after the @ is spelled backwards.

Reply to
mark gramlich

Thanks, I didn't even think of that, Done!

Reply to
MP