alternate rodenticide

Mice are chewing on my telephone lines. Repairmen told me he had heard of alternative rodenticide caused the mice not to stink when they die in the walls. He wasn't sure of its name. Anyone familiar with it? Frank GA My correct e-mail address is gno52 (not gn52) Fake adddress given to avoid spams

Reply to
Frank Thompson

your kidding, right?

Reply to
SQLit

dont feed the trolls.

if this is somehow genuine, just let darwin's theory take its course.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

:) Mice are chewing on my telephone lines. Repairmen told me he had :) heard of alternative rodenticide caused the mice not to stink when :) they die in the walls. He wasn't sure of its name. Anyone familiar :) with it?

No there isn't one. You need to determine if it indeed mice, possibly rats or squirrels to go about the proper proceedure to remedy them.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

It is said that the early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Reply to
Lar

Think cat.

You can even borrow one.

Reply to
JerryMouse

Lar, I thought there was a rat bait that essentially dried them up from inside. ??? TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

:) Lar, :) I thought there was a rat bait that essentially dried them up from inside. ??? :) TB

The "makes them dry up" falls in the same line as "they go outside to look for water". I hear it all the time on new accounts where the home owner states the exterminator they used last year used a bait that did not let them stink, yet when I get into the attic the old bait is always one of the common anti-coagulants on the market. I probably have 450-500 homes I have bait out all year long and I will get an odor complaint I would guess less than 12 times a year and half of those are the same 2 to 3 homes each year. A lot may depend on the rodent you are dealing with. When an animal starts getting ill they tend to head home. Mice have a small home range so chances are they will die in the house. Rats may be living 150 feet away coming in at night to explore so there is a less of a chance it will die in the house and where it may die and what sort of air circulation in the attic may keep the odor from entering inside. I would guess it is a safe bet to say that because if there is no odor the bait/exterminator must of worked great...if an odor shows up, because of the nature of rodents probably also visiting the neighbors homes, one of the neighbors must of used a bait that didn't dry them up. :)