Alternate method of drilling lockset holes in exterior insulated steel door

I do not have the correct drill attachment to do this but I do have some 1/2-3/4" metal milling bits. I was thinking of drilling the center out with a 1/2 bit then milling the 1 3/4" hole with the milling bit.
Martik wrote:

buy a cheap holesaw. in terms of saving time and aggravation, it'll be the best ten bucks you'll spend.
What brand of lock uses a 1 3/4 hole? I've been a locksmith for 20 years, and not heard of this brand.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

--
Tekkie

You can get a lock installation kit with hole saws, arbors and jigs to position them at any Home Depot for less than ten bucks.
-- Dennis