Alt Valv Leaks

WHen I turn on the cold water, water flows from the hot valve
I've seen the same for years in a medical school library (ie public) restroom, and they never seem to fix it either.
My sink is from 1977, Kohler I think. My uncle insists it is hard to fix because of the way this valve is built?
How can I learn more about this sorta thing?
                 - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 29, 5:54 pm, snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

Reverse the handles.
Add pictures here
✖
What comes to mind.... * Ask friends * Go to a plumbing or hardware store, and ask * Internet research * Post a question here, and maybe someone will answer.
A question comes to mind to me, and I may know what's going on. And how to fix it. But, you didn't ask.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus