Almost total newbie question enclosed (no prize)

I have to fix a leaky faucet, and plan on replacing whatever seals and o-rings in both taps. However, I have no idea how to go about locating replacement parts for the faucets. All I can determine (readily) is that they are American Standard taps. Is there a model number stamped anywhere on these, or some other means of determining what I have so I can do the repairs?
Thanks for any help.
-S
Shiva the Destroyer wrote:

Model # probably not needed. Turn off water. Remove old stuff. Take old stuff to plumbing supply house. They will give you correct replacements.
Lou
avoid big box retailers they likely dont have the parts, plus screws stick in stems etc, easy help at hardware store, little help at home depot besides replace faucet set.
try hardware or plumbing supply store
parts are cheap buy extra sets and put aside for next time, plastic bag tied under sink to avoid loss

Lou, if that works, then <slap on forehead> could it be that easy? I guess I've forgotten about how a good specialty store is at this stuff. I'll give it a shot Sat, thanks.
Also, do I need any special tools for pulling out the works? Seat wrench or something like that?
-S

There's a few ways you can go. This URL will find the closest dealer http://www.americanstandard-us.com/ and hopefully they are a real plumbing supply house, not Home Depot or the like.
The better hardware stores that have a fairly good sized plumbing supply department can also help. They often have catalogs from aftermarket suppliers.. Chicago Brass, Chicago Specialty etc. that show pictures of the fixtures and stems. You'll probably have to pull one of the stems/cartridges to match them. If you do go to a genuine plumbing house please remember as far as the counterman is concerned the Contractor comes first, and he might put you on hold while he waits on his bread and butter.
Bill