All steel house

Page 2 of 2
On Nov 1, 12:58†am, snipped-for-privacy@-none-.com wrote:

Donít use adhesive for paneling. Screw on strips of wood and then nail the paneling to the strips using a pneumatic nailer. I you use adhesive youíll never be able to get them off and with the strips youíll have the option of putting insulation between them and running conduit through them but youíll have to use rigid conduit so that they are protected from drilling screw holes in the walls or you will have to bring up the conduit up from the concrete slab at each individual location which means you need to install the conduit before you pour the concrete. You may not drill holes but some guy many years from now may do so. Do not weld pipe or youíll never be able to get them off and donít worry about drilling holes so much. If you drill very precisely you won't have any gaps around the pipes. As for the chimney, you can put a fine screen around the chimney cap to keep almost anything out, and yes I know youíre a troll but the reason Iím responding to you is because I donít want someone to read what you wrote many years from now and think building out of steel is silly because it isnít .
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Wish I knew you were looking. I coulda sold you mine. I moved in 2007, and it was just like you described. The purchasers were an albino couple, and couldn't be exposed to any sunlight. They have four little kids, all with pink eyes and white blonde hair. He works C-trick, in a coal mine, and she models for a company that sells nightgowns. The kids are home schooled.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 11/1/2010 00:58, snipped-for-privacy@-none-.com wrote:

Check out http://www.lustronconnection.org/home.html . With the housing shortage after World War II, the Lustron Corporation produced prefab steel homes.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On 11/1/2010 11:48 PM, Bob wrote:

That is the same company that made those gas stations that looked like a stack of washing machines, right? Row after row of enameled steel squares? I think many of those were just reskins of old brick or block stations, but at least some were built from ground up, and popped up like mushrooms during the postwar suburbia build-out.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Nov 1, 3:58†am, snipped-for-privacy@-none-.com wrote:

I don't know much about steel homes but I know a couple people that have steel or steel reinforced homes. One was just multiplied for multiple sites. http://www.dialcover.com/lustron.html
The other was a home where I used to live, the nations first fallout shelter home...
http://zekfrivolous.com/shelter/Pleasant%20Hills%20combined.pdf