All electric house question (YO doug)

Page 2 of 2
They're also pretty much maintained free, and don't have thermocouples. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in downstate NY, the propane companies hike their prices up wildly at the drop of a hat

I considered that also. Since the current situation is all disconnnected, we are considering moving the mechanical to the other end of the basement.

Thanks for the link. I'm still definately not decided on the water heater OR the heat backup option. This house is on an electric coop and the kwh rate is about 25% higher than the surrounding area, BUT they do give a seasonal rate 8 months out of the year if you register a heat pump with them. I will for sure have the heat pump, since it's a no brainer. They give a $600 rebate and the heat pump option (last time i did it) was $620. But you never know where the price of LP is going either. <G>
steve

http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/fuel_cost_comparison_calculator /
snip> "But you never know where the price of LP is going either"
Yes you do!!!

well, good point. I hear ya.

S. Barker wrote:

you need.