All around fertilizing device

I was at Star Nursery the other day, and they have a unit that will infuse liquid into regular irrigation lines on a timed basis. It was $249 for tank, timers, electric actuator valves, other valves, etc. Does anyone have one of these? Any input? Experiences?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Fertagator (or some such) sells a service that does that

Reply to
LouB

One of the first things I'd look at is the cost of the fertilizer vs conventional fertilizer.

Reply to
trader4

I don't know about home chemigation units. Chemigation units for farmers need check valves and such to prevent water supply contamination. They also have to be inspected. Does that apply to home sized units?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Quick feeding like chem lawn, miracal grow, or any liqued on lawns releases the nitrogen immediatly, immediate release can kill or stress a lawn if not carefull, continious use of quick feeding is how you get thatch. The one year I went the liqued route is the only year I had a mess of thatch. Slow release fertiliser as in granules like Scotts release slowly over weeks and last over a month, with scotts I get no thatch. Also liqued results dont last as long, for a quick greening or once twice a year liqued should be safe but be carefull as overfertilising weakens grass and makes it suceptable to many other diseases,especialy when it gets real hot or humid. For the newest and best thing google Harvard lawn, or Harvard fertiliser project, its a new theory on fertilising that I need to look into. The real issue is your dirt.

Reply to
ransley